Friday, April 6, 2012

digital typography used by this blog

I just can't keep well enough alone.

This blog was created using Google's outstanding Blogger tool, and to get up and running quickly, I chose their canned "etheral" template. But I can't have a blog without adding my own personal touches, especially in regards to the type used to make this blog. Hence, that's the first thing I modified, in what I hope is a long, slow steady stream of modifications over the life of this blog.

First to be changed was the blog's text in regards to the body of posts (what you are reading right now!). For blog posts, I chose my all time favorite web font, Verdana, and decided to go with a 13 pixel size. I like text to be in the 13 to 14 pixel range, if possible.

Second, I changed the type for the blog post title. It is now a really cool font called Droid Sans, and it's 24 pixels in size.

Third, I changed the type for the blog title itself, typography journal. I wanted the blog's title and the post titles to have matching type, so I chose Droid Sans for that as well, at a size of 60 pixels.

More changes will be coming in the days or weeks ahead, but type is always the first to be changed when I play around with templates. I hope you like how everything looks.

RZ

No comments:

Post a Comment